This potato salad is my favorite way to use chimichurri sauce. Make a big batch of chimichurri sauce to marinate steak or chicken for the grill. Then use what's leftover to make this potato salad, and you'll have the perfect side dish. The flavors of chimichurri taste sweeter and more mellow when mixed with mayonnaise, and the flecks of parsley and cilantro look great with the red skinned new potatoes. You could add some red pepper or celery for crunch, or even some sweet pickle.
- 12 to 15 medium red new potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chimichurri sauce
- Scrub and wash the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water.
- Bring to boil, and cook until the potatoes are just tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and let cool.
- Stir the chimichurri sauce into the mayonnaise.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them into 1 inch cubes.
- Toss potatoes with chimichurri mixture until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill salad until ready to serve.
Serves 6 as a side dish.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|