|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4 - 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 68g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Almond float is a refreshing dessert that can be served with canned or fresh fruit.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin, such as Knox
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons almond extract, as desired*
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail with syrup*
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine the gelatin and the sugar, stirring to mix well.
- Pour the boiling water over the gelatin/sugar mixture, and stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir in the almond extract, evaporated milk, and the cold water, mixing well.
- Pour the gelatin into a bowl or serving mold if desired. Chill until firm.
- To serve, cut the gelatin into 1-inch squares or diamonds and serve with the canned fruit and the syrup from the can. The almond float may be prepared in advance and refrigerated (not frozen) until ready to serve.
Variations *You can substitute lemon or vanilla extract
*Use canned mandarin oranges or other canned fruit in place of the fruit cocktail.