|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Indo-Chinese or Chindian food is a product of the Chinese community living in India. The delicious flavors of their food have been taken and adapted to the Indian palate. This easy Chinese Bhel recipe uses previously prepared Indo-Chinese Szechuan Sauce that can be made ahead and stored in your fridge for future use. Chinese Bhel is a delicious snack that is wholesome enough to be eaten as a meal.
- 1 cup (250 grams) of wheat noodles
- 1 tbsp. canola, sunflower or vegetable cooking oil to deep fry the noodles
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup cabbage sliced very fine
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup salted, roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup Indo-Chinese Szechuan sauce
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp. chili sauce
- Salt to taste
Heat a deep pot of water until boiling. Add a tbsp of salt to it and then add the noodles. Boil till almost done and remove from the water. Drain well and lay out on a platter to cool and dry.
Heat the cooking oil to deep fry the noodles. Deep fry till pale golden and crispy. Remove from oil, drain and keep aside on paper towels until cool.
Take a large mixing bowl and crush the fried noodles in it coarsely. Add all the other ingredients and stir well.
Serve immediately or it will get soggy.