|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Hakka Noodles are topped with a flavorful dressing and served with a peanut and vegetable garnish. This recipe was submitted by Hirnakshi Joshi.
More Noodles Recipes
- 1 pound/500 grams Hakka noodles
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- Garnish: 1 carrot (peeled, julienned)
- Garnish: 1/2 firm medium cucumber (peeled, seeded, and julienned)
- Garnish: 1/2 cup roasted peanuts (coarsely chopped)
- Garnish: 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- For the Dressing:
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 6 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sesame paste (ground sesame seeds)
- 1/2 cup dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry (or any wine of your choice)
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey (or sugar syrup)
- 4 medium cloves garlic (chopped fine)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (fresh and finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup water (hot)
Boil noodles in large pot of unsalted water over medium heat until barely tender and still firm. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water until cold.
Drain well and toss noodles with (2 Tbsp) dark sesame oil so they don't stick together.
For dressing, combine all ingredients except hot water in a blender or food processor fitted with steel blade and blend until smooth. Thin with hot water to consistency of whipping cream.
For garnish, put carrot julienne in ice water for 30 minutes
Just before serving, toss noodles with sauce. Garnish with cucumber, peanuts, green onion, and carrot.
Serve at room temperature.