|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 bowls (4 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 68g||87%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Total Carbohydrate 108g||39%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||33%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Hakka Noodles are topped with a flavorful dressing and served with a peanut and vegetable garnish. This recipe was submitted by Hirnakshi Joshi.
More Noodles Recipes
- 1 pound/500 grams Hakka noodles
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- Garnish: 1 carrot (peeled, julienned)
- Garnish: 1/2 firm medium cucumber (peeled, seeded, and julienned)
- Garnish: 1/2 cup roasted peanuts (coarsely chopped)
- Garnish: 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- For the Dressing:
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 6 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sesame paste (ground sesame seeds)
- 1/2 cup dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry (or any wine of your choice)
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey (or sugar syrup)
- 4 medium cloves garlic (chopped fine)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (fresh and finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup water (hot)
Gather the ingredients.
Boil noodles in large pot of unsalted water over medium heat until barely tender and still firm. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water until cold.
Drain well and toss noodles with (2 Tbsp) dark sesame oil so they don't stick together.
For dressing, combine all ingredients except hot water in a blender or food processor fitted with steel blade and blend until smooth. Thin with hot water to consistency of whipping cream.
For garnish, put carrot julienne in ice water for 30 minutes
Just before serving, toss noodles with sauce. Garnish with cucumber, peanuts, green onion, and carrot.
Serve at room temperature.