This is a fantastic Asian-inspired marinade for any kind of meat or vegetable. If preparing a large quantity of meat, simply double or triple the marinade recipe.
- 1/4 cup/60 mL soy sauce
- 1/4 cup/60 mL honey
- 1/4 cup/60 mL dry sherry
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL black pepper
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL ginger (fresh grated)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
1. Combine all ingredients in a glass or plastic bowl.
2. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days after preparation. Marinate red meats for 6 to 24 hours, poultry for 2 to 12 hours, and vegetables for 1 to 2 hours. Marinate fish and seafood for 15 to 30 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|