|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Serves 4 to 6
More Vegetarian Recipes
- 1/2 pound firm tofu
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bok choy
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic chives
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package potsticker or gyoza wrappers
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying the dumplings
Drain the tofu, cut into cubes and mash. Wash and prepare the vegetables. Combine the tofu with the remainder of the ingredients and seasonings.
Lay out one of the gyoza wrappers in front of you. Dip your finger in the water and moisten the edges of the wrapper.
Place a heaping teaspoon of filling in the middle of the wrapper.
Fold the gyoza wrapper over the filling and pinch the edges to seal it shut. (You may want to use a cornstarch/water mixture to make this easier).
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok.When oil is ready, carefully add the dumplings and cook on high heat until golden brown (about 1 minute). Without turning the dumplings over, add 1/2 cup of water and cover. Cook for about 1 minute to cook the raw filling and then uncover and continue cooking until most of the liquid is absorbed.