Subtly flavored with chipotle chili powder and red wine, this tomato-based barbecue sauce is a perfect addition to beef ribs. It can also be used as a side sauce for flank steak, beef roasts, and brisket.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (sea or kosher)
- In a medium saucepan, add olive oil, garlic, chipotle powder, and cumin.
- Allow to heat through while stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add red wine and brown sugar. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, allow the sauce to cool slightly before using.
- Sauce will last for up to 1 week if stored in an airtight container in a refrigerator.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|