The combination of chocolate and orange is a favorite in cocktails and there are a number of drinks that highlight how delightful it is. This Chocolate & Orange Martini is one of them and it relies on just a touch of orange to accent the chocolate.
The hint of orange is a perfect contrast for drinks that rely heavily on chocolate. I've used it in drinks like this Chocolate Margarita as well and it works because it gives the drink a profile beyond sweet cocoa.
The other unique thing about this cocktail is that it uses a melted chocolate rim. This version is a nice homemade touch and is fun for a party or when you already have chocolate in a double boiler. You can also melt the chocolate in a microwave. Next time you're making chocolate covered strawberries, treat yourself to this martini as well.
To Make the Chocolate Rim
- Place chunks of chocolate into a heat-safe bowl.
- Place this bowl over a pot of water.
- Heat and simmer the water until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a plate and dip the rim of the cocktail glass into the chocolate.
- Stand the glass upright.
- Allow the chocolate to set.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|