This chocolate banana smoothie recipe tastes just like a milkshake, yet it is far more nutritious. With a whopping 8 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber and 29% of the recommended daily requirement for calcium, this chocolate banana smoothie makes a terrific healthy snack. Parents will also like the fact that it's cheaper than commercial smoothies and doesn't have any protein powders or additives.
- Ice (about a handful or two)
- 2 large bananas
- 1-1/2 cups non-fat vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat or non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tbsp. chocolate hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- Place ice in the bottom of your blender. Use a handful or two, less if you want your smoothie to be more like a juice drink, more if you want it to be like a milkshake.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Puree until smooth. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings.
Per serving: 259 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 48 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein, 10% vitamin A, 20% vitamin C, 29% calcium, 9% iron.
Fruit Smoothie Recipes
Berry Fruit Smoothies
Choco Cherry Berry Fruit Smoothies
Chocolate Strawberry Smoothies
Lemon Blueberry Smoothies
Orange Creamsicle Smoothies
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Strawberry Smoothie Recipe