|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
These brownies are made with cocoa and butter, filled with chocolate chips and nuts. Feel free to use white chocolate chips in this brownie recipe.
- 3/4 cup cocoa, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup melted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4). Grease and flour a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda; blend in 1/3 cup melted butter. Add boiling water; stir until well blended. Stir in sugar, beaten eggs and remaining 1/3 cup butter. Stir in flour and salt.
Stir nuts and the chocolate chips into batter. Spread batter in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the brownies are firm and begin to pull away from sides of pan.
Cool before cutting into squares.