|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 bundt cake (12 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 32g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||44%|
|Total Carbohydrate 51g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Bundt cakes are perfect for busy home cooks; they're impressive desserts that go well with just about anything, from your morning coffee to your afternoon tea, and they're so easy to make beautiful. Just whip up the batter, pour it in the pan, and top it off with a delicious chocolate glaze or Vegan Ganache after it cools.
A word to the wise: if you've never been good at oiling and flouring your cake pans, bundt cakes will teach you the hard way; a poorly oiled bundt cake pan will give you the hardest time when you try to turn out your cake. To avoid this, make sure to oil the pan thoroughly--taking care to get all of the cracks and crevices--and then flour, tapping out the excess.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soy milk (vanilla)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 recipe chocolate glaze (
- recipe below) (or 1 recipe vegan ganache)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Lightly oil and flour a 12-cup bundt pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the soy milk and dairy-free sour cream until well mixed. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and the sugar until pale yellow in color. Add the canola oil and vanilla extract and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and well mixed. In several additions, add the flour mixture alternating with the soy milk mixture, and beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Once the mixture is just combined, fold in the dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake until the top springs back when touched, 55 to 60 minutes. Let the pan cool for 30-45 minutes on a wire cooling rack, then gently loosen the cake from the sides of the pan with a knife and invert the cake onto the wire cooling rack to cool completely. Once the cake is completely cool, top the cake with Vegan Ganache or Chocolate Glaze (recipe below).
6 ounces dark dairy-free chocolate, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup plain soy milk, coconut milk, or almond milk
2 T. prepared espresso (optional)
2 T. dairy-free soy margarine, room temperature
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the soy milk and prepared espresso in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until the top of the mixture just begins to steam but doesn't boil. Pour the hot liquid over the dairy-free chocolate and let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dairy-free soy margarine and stir, making quick, small circles in the center of the dish and working your way out, until the mixture is smooth and has a sheen on its surface.
- Let glaze stand, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Pour over the cooled bundt cake and serve.