|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 16 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||69%|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This rich Chocolate Chip Banana Cake is very easy to make, and has a wonderful velvety texture because of the mashed fruit. It's baked in a bundt pan which makes it easy to serve. There's something about the combination of bananas with cream, in a cake batter, that is so rich and smooth.
You can frost this cake if you'd like, or you can serve it plain. Either way, it's a great cake for a family dinner, and it's also great for breakfast.
- 3 cups flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 12" bundt pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour and set aside.
- In large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, mashed bananas, heavy cream, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat this mixture on medium speed for 2 minutes or until the batter is smooth and thick. By hand, stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon and spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 65 to 75 minutes or until the cake is firm and set and begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Immediately set the pan onto a dishtowel that has been soaked in water and gently wrung out. Let the cake pan sit on the towel for 5 minutes, then turn the cake out onto the serving plate (this will make the cake come out of the pan without sticking). Cool completely before serving.