Chocolate and butterscotch chips give these blonde brownies extra flavor, or you could use chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- 1 cup (4 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) butter, melted
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch or peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Heat the oven to 350°.
- In a bowl or on a sheet of wax paper, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the melted butter with brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture until blended.
- Fold in the chips and nuts, if using.
- Spread in the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until set and lightly browned.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|