Chocolate and butterscotch chips give these blonde brownies extra flavor, or you could use chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- 1 cup (4 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) butter, melted
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch or peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
1. Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Heat the oven to 350°.
3. In a bowl or on a sheet of wax paper, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl beat the melted butter with brown sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well blended. Stir in the flour mixture until blended. Fold in the chips and nuts, if using.
5. Spread in the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until set and lightly browned.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|