This chocolate chip cookies recipe has no brown sugar or granulated sugar. Instead this recipe for chocolate chip cookies uses powdered sugar. Similar to a shortbread cookie, these chocolate chip cookies melt in your mouth.
- 1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 cup semisweet (or dark) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and beat well. Beat in the lemon zest, vanilla and egg yolk. Add the cream, and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating until incorporated, but do not overmix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the chocolate chip cookie dough by rounded tablespoonsful onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1 inch between chocolate chip cookies. Bake 17-19 minutes until cookies are just starting to turn brown. Do not overbake. Let the chocolate chip cookies cool on wire racks 5 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|