Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Chocolate chip muffins are one of the best kinds of muffins you can make. For this recipe, not only do we fold chocolate chips into the muffin batter, but we also sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top before we bake them. Enjoy these chocolate chip muffins.
Also see: Chocolate Chocolate Muffins
- 2 cups (260 grams all-purpose flour)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 4 tablespoon butter (½ stick, melted)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (plus 1/3 cup additional chocolate chips for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the milk and the melted butter, then add the beaten eggs and whisk or stir until fully mixed.
- Thoroughly grease and flour a muffin pan. You could also use a nonstick silicone muffin pan, or just line the muffin pan with paper muffin liners, which work really well.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and mix no more than ten seconds. It's okay for the batter to be visibly lumpy, but it's extremely important not to overmix the batter. Overmixed batter will cause the muffins to be hard or misshapen.
- TIP: The dry and wet ingredients, respectively, can be mixed in advance, as long as you keep them separate. But as soon as you combine the wet and dry ingredients together, the baking powder will be activated and the batter needs to be baked right away.
- Gently fold 1 cup of chocolate chips into the batter using a rubber spatula. But don't overwork the batter!
- Carefully spoon the batter into your prepared muffin pan. Spoon it out from the edges of the bowl so that you don't work the batter too much.
- Finally, sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips onto the tops of the muffins, and transfer to the oven immediately.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove pan from the oven and let the muffins cool for five minutes in the pan. Then remove the muffins from the pan and let them cool another five minutes on a wire rack.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|