Two things everyone needs in the morning: coffee and some kind of breakfast! Why not make life easier and combine the two? A cold protein shake mixed with chilled coffee is the perfect summertime breakfast.
This shake is super easy to whip together and has very minimal ingredients. It's the perfect breakfast wake-me-up drink! It's filling, satisfying, and perfect to take along with you when you are in a rush in the morning.
It's important to make the coffee on the stronger side so the shake won't taste watered down. You can also add additional sweetness with some chocolate syrup!
- 3/4 cup strong brewed chilled coffee
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 2 cups of ice
- Optional: 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
Gather the ingredients.
Add liquid ingredients to the blender first: whole milk, strong coffee, and chocolate syrup, if using.
Add the protein powder and ice to the blender.
Blend the mixture on high until completely blended.
Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- Make sure to the liquids to the blender before the protein powder. If you add the protein powder to the blender first, it will stick to the bottom of the blender and incorporate poorly.
- You can replace some or all of the ice with frozen banana for a creamier texture for the smoothie. The frozen banana will also add some sweetness.
- You can use chilled espresso too! Or if you are looking for coffee flavor without the buzz, just use decaf coffee.
- This recipe makes two coffee shakes, but if you want just one, cut the recipe in half! Whole milk provides a creamier flavor but you can substitute with skim or non-dairy milks like coconut or almond.