The mocha glaze gives these chocolate drop cookies a pleasant coffee flavor.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (minus 1 tablespoon) milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 1/2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- For the Mocha Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hot coffee or espresso (or more, for drizzling)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 325° F (165° C/Gas 3).
- Sift flour with baking powder, 1/2 cup of cocoa, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- In a measuring cup, combine milk with the 1 tablespoon of vinegar and the soda; set aside.
- In mixing bowl cream the 5 1/2 tablespoons of butter until light and fluffy, gradually adding sugar; add the egg and vanilla and beat well. Blend in the flour mixture alternately with soured milk mixture.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto ungreased or parchment-paper lined baking sheets; bake for 10 minutes, or until cookies spring back when top is lightly touched.
- While cookies are still warm, frost them with the Mocha Glaze, below, or use your own favorite icing or glaze.
- Mocha Glaze:
- Combine the confectioners' sugar with 2 1/2 tablespoons of melted butter, 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa, the coffee or espresso, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir until well blended.
- Add a little more hot coffee or hot water to get desired consistency for drizzling or spreading.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|