Double your chocolate pleasure with these Chocolate-Dipped White Fudge squares! Small pieces of white chocolate fudge get a big flavor boost from a coating of semi-sweet chocolate. You can flavor the fudge with a variety of extracts or liqueurs to add even more flavor and fun.
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups sugar (granulated)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 package/12 oz. chocolate chips (white chocolate, plus more for decorating if desired)
- 1 jar/7 oz. marshmallow (cream)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12 oz. chocolate (semi-sweet, chopped, or chocolate chips)
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the butter, sour cream, salt, and sugar in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar and butter melt.
3. Continue to cook the fudge, stirring frequently, until it comes to a boil. Once boiling, cook it for five minutes, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
If you are using a candy thermometer instead of timing it, it should be at 235 degrees.
4. After five minutes, remove the pan from the heat and add the white chocolate chips and the marshmallow cream. (For easier scooping of the marshmallow cream, try microwaving it for 15 seconds with the lid off.) Stir vigorously until the chips and cream are melted and incorporated. If necessary, return the fudge to the heat for brief periods to melt the chips.
5. Add the vanilla and stir well. Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Allow it to set at room temperature for 3-4 hours, or in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Cut the fudge into small 1-inch squares.
6. Place the semi-sweet chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating. Once melted, use forks or dipping tools to dip a square into the melted chocolate until it is completely submerged. Remove it from the coating and drag the bottom across the lip of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place it on a baking sheet covered with foil and repeat with the remaining fudge. If desired, top each square with a white chocolate chip for decoration, or drizzle with melted white chocolate.
7. Refrigerate the fudge to set the chocolate, about 20 minutes. Store Chocolate-Dipped White Fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|