Chocolate-Dipped Wookiee Cookies are crunchy AND Chewie! (pause for groans). These easy Star Wars candies will definitely bring out the beast in you. All you need are some store-bought cookies, candy coating, and (optionally) some candy eyeballs, and you'll have your own army of delicious wookiees in no time! Chewbacca would be so proud!
- 12 oz candy coating (dark chocolate)
- 15 Milano cookies (1 package)
- 30 small candy eyeballs (see Note below for substitutions)
- 6 oz candy coating (light chocolate)
- 1/4 cup candy coating (white)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- Place the dark chocolate candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating.
- Once the dark chocolate coating is melted, use dipping tools or a fork to dip a cookie into the coating, covering it completely. Take the cookie out of the coating and let the excess drip back into the bowl, then set the dipped cookie onto the baking sheet.
- While the coating is still wet, press two candy eyeballs into the cookie. Repeat until all of the cookies are dipped. Place the remaining dark chocolate candy coating in a paper cone or plastic bag with a small hole snipped in the corner. (The plastic bag will work, but you'll probably find that the paper cone makes the job much easier.)
- Melt the light chocolate candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring after every 30 seconds. Pour the coating into a paper cone or plastic bag.
- Use the cones of melted coating to add "fur" to your wookiee cookies. Start by adding a layer of dark fur around the edges of the cookie, then layer the lighter coating on top, going around the eyes and extending almost to the edges. The more jagged and haphazard the lines are, the more it will look like fur. Finish with a dark chocolate triangle nose in the middle. Repeat until all of the wookiees are decorated.
- Melt the white chocolate coating and pour it into a paper cone or plastic bag. Finish the cookies by giving each wookiee a mouth full of white teeth.
- Chocolate-Dipped Wookiee Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Note: Small candy eyeballs can often be found in the candy/cake decorating sections of craft stores, or in the baking aisle of large grocery stores. They're also readily available online. If you can't find candy eyeballs, you can easily give your wookiees eyeballs by using a drop of white candy coating with a dot of black coating for the pupil.