|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
|Vitamin C 2mg||12%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Chocolate milk is easy to make at home, not from a chocolate syrup bottle but with real cocoa powder.
Another plus to making your own chocolate milk is knowing that you and your kids aren't drinking something full of ingredients you can't pronounce. This three-ingredient recipe is easy and gives you total control over what goes in your milk.
- 6 to 8 ounces of milk (any type)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered sugar
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the milk into a glass and slowly add cocoa powder while blending with an immersion blender, spoon, or a small whisk. An immersion blender or a small whisk works best because it reduces the clumping of the cocoa powder.
Add powdered sugar until well blended.
Serve immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to drink. Enjoy.
- If you do refrigerate it, make sure you give the milk a good stir or shake before drinking. The cocoa powder and sugar may gravitate to the bottom, creating a "sludge."
- Make in Bulk: Making this chocolate milk a cup at a time can be time consuming, especially if you have kids, so you can make this by the half gallon or even gallon. Blend the milk with the other ingredients using a regular blender instead of an immersion blender. Pour it into a leakproof plastic pitcher. Just shake the pitcher and pour it when you're ready for a sweet treat.
- You can make hot chocolate with the same ingredients. Simply heat milk on low and add the cocoa powder and sugar. Stir until well blended and to the desired temperature. Serve immediately. Top it with marshmallows or whipped cream. Marshmallows are easy to make at home, and therefore easy as an additional project.