|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This delicious chocolate mousse recipe always gets rave reviews. Whip some up for a party or just the next time you're craving a chocolatey treat! Make sure to use parve chocolate and parve margarine for the mousse to be true parve.
- 6 eggs (separated, discard one of the yolks)
- 8 ounces/250 grams of good quality bittersweet chocolate (parve)
- 1 ounce/25 grams margarine (parve)
- 1 teaspoon coffee (dissolved in 2 tablespoons of boiling water)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon (liquor of your choosing)
Place the chocolate and margarine in a double boiler.
As they begin to melt, add the coffee mixture.
Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
Once the chocolate and margarine have melted, turn off the flame and add the egg yolks and liquor mixing well.
Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg whites with a metal spoon, being careful not to beat.
Put the mixture into a deep Pyrex dish.
Refrigerate until set.