- 6 eggs (separated, discard one of the yolks)
- 8 ounces/250 grams of good quality bittersweet chocolate (parve)
- 1 ounce/25 grams margarine (parve)
- 1 teaspoon coffee (dissolved in 2 tablespoons of boiling water)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon (liquor of your choosing)
- Place the chocolate and margarine in a double boiler.
- As they begin to melt, add the coffee mixture.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Once the chocolate and margarine have melted, turn off the flame and add the egg yolks and liquor mixing well.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg whites with a metal spoon, being careful not to beat.
- Put the mixture into a deep Pyrex dish.
- Refrigerate until set.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||46 g|
|Saturated Fat||23 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|