|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 bowl (3 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 46g||59%|
|Saturated Fat 23g||114%|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||29%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This delicious chocolate mousse recipe always gets rave reviews. Whip some up for a party or just the next time you're craving a chocolatey treat! Make sure to use parve chocolate and parve margarine for the mousse to be true parve.
- 6 eggs (yolks and whites separated, discard one of the yolks)
- 8 ounces/250 grams of good quality bittersweet chocolate (parve)
- 1 ounce/25 grams margarine (parve)
- 1 teaspoon coffee (dissolved in 2 tablespoons of boiling water)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon liquor of your choosing
Gather the ingredients.
Place the chocolate and margarine in a double boiler.
As they begin to melt, add the coffee mixture.
Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
Once the chocolate and margarine have melted, turn off the flame and add the egg yolks and liquor mixing well.
Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg whites with a metal spoon, being careful not to beat.
Put the mixture into a deep Pyrex dish.
Refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
Serve and enjoy!