This super easy and velvety smooth Chocolate Mousse Pie recipe uses just six ingredients and doesn't require any baking if you use a graham cracker crust. No bake desserts are ideal for hot summer months when you just don't want to turn on the oven. They are also very simple to make, and ideal for beginning cooks.
When you use cream cheese in no bake desserts, it must be softened. To do this, let the cream cheese sit out on the counter at room temperature for 1-1/2 hours. You can also soften the cream cheese in the microwave. Place the cheese on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute. Repeat at 30-second intervals just until the cream cheese is soft when pressed with a finger. You don't want it to melt or the texture of the recipe will not be correct.
This recipe is delicious all on its own, but you can top it with some sweetened whipped cream for the perfect finish. Just beat about 1/2 cup heavy cream with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Spoon a dollop on each piece of pie as you serve it.
- 1 (9-inch) baked and cooled pie crust or graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Prepare the pie crust and cool completely, or use a purchased crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1/2 cup heavy cream, and cocoa. Beat well until smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Then, in a medium bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups heavy cream with 3 tablespoons powdered sugar until stiff peaks form; carefully fold into the chocolate cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the cooled pie shell. Cover and chill until firm, 4-5 hours.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||34 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|