|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 20 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These chocolate oat bars are flavored with vanilla or rum extract. The bars are topped white chopped pecans.
- 3 cups marshmallows (miniature, about half of 10 1/2 ounce package)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semisweet, 6-ounce package)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups rolled oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or rum extract)
- 1/4 cup pecans (finely chopped)
Butter an 8-inch square pan.
In a saucepan over low heat, melt the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and butter together, stirring frequently, until smooth.
Stir the oats and flavoring into the chocolate mixture. Spread mixture the prepared pan; sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
Chill thoroughly until set.
Store the candy in a cool dry place in covered container.