These chocolate oat bars are flavored with vanilla or rum extract. The bars are topped white chopped pecans.
- 3 cups marshmallows (miniature, about half of 10 1/2 ounce package)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semisweet, 6-ounce package)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups rolled oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or rum extract)
- 1/4 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- Butter an 8-inch square pan.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and butter together, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- Stir the oats and flavoring into the chocolate mixture. Spread mixture the prepared pan; sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
- Chill thoroughly until set.
- Store the candy in a cool dry place in covered container.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|