Remember the old Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup commercial? “You got your peanut butter on my chocolate!” "Hey, you got your chocolate in my peanut butter!” They got over their accidental collision and discovered one of the best flavor combinations.
Peanut butter and chocolate go together like...pretzels and beer or cookies and milk. Chocolate, peanut buttery, soft and fudgy, this crockpot cake is a keeper! It's dairy-free and completely vegan, too. Eat it warm and fresh out of the crock pot, topped with vegan ice cream.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup plus 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups water (boiling)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tbsp. cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Whisk in the soy milk, vegan margarine and vanilla and mix until smooth. Pour into a lightly greased crock pot or slow cooker.
- Combine the 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. In a separate bowl, combine the boiling water and peanut butter and whisk till smooth. Add to the cocoa and sugar mixture and mix until well combined. Pour over the batter in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|