What could make muffins better? Add chocolate and peanut butter, of course! Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins is a delicious and rich quick bread recipe for breakfast, brunch, and snacks. And the muffins are frosted with a ganache made with melted chocolate and peanut butter.
These muffins could be dessert, or a wonderful after school treat for kids. This recipe is made more like a cake instead of a quick bread, which makes the texture very smooth and delicate, unlike a muffin, which has a more open and chewy texture. If you want to make more muffins, don't double the recipe; doubling baking recipes can be tricky and the results may not be as good. You'll just have to make two or more batches. But that won't take long because this recipe is very easy.
Make sure you understand doneness tests when you bake. These muffins should spring back when you touch them in the center, lightly, with a fingertip. Cool them on wire racks; they are wonderful eaten warm, or you can let them cool completely. Store the muffins in an airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days. They won't last that long!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar (brown)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa solids
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter and the softened butter and beat well until combined. Add the brown sugar and the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well for another minute.
4. In a sifter or a sieve, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda.
Sift into the peanut butter mixture; add the milk, and stir until batter is smooth. Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each one about 3/4 full.
6. Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until the muffins spring back when lightly touched in center. Remove the muffins from the muffin tin to wire racks to cool.
7. In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons peanut butter; microwave on medium power for 1 minute, then remove and stir until smooth. Frost the muffins.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|