Adding high-protein quinoa to a basic chocolate peanut butter sugar-free cookie works out just splendidly. These little quinoa cookies are vegetarian, vegan, high in protein, refined-sugar free, and, if you use a gluten-free oatmeal, they're gluten-free as well. And they are so easy to make. What's not to love?
Enjoy these healthy cookies for breakfast on the go, as a high-energy trail food or add it to your repertoire of super-healthy desserts.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt or sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl just until well combined. Drop the mixture by a large spoonful onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, until lightly firm.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|