Looking for a new favorite cream pie? I think this pie may be it. This recipe for Chocolate Silk Pie goes way beyond those chocolate pies made with a pudding mix. This Chocolate Silk Pie is so creamy and full of chocolate that it can easily be described as luscious.
- 9-inch chocolate crumb pie crust
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups whipped and sweetened heavy cream
- Optional for Decorating:
- 1 small dark chocolate candy bar
- 1 small milk chocolate candy bar
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a 2 cup (or larger) measuring cup, add water. Stir in cornstarch until dissolved. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, over medium heat, heat milk until bubbles form around the edges. Stir in chocolate until melted. Add sweetened condensed milk and whisk until combined. Stir in egg mixture. While stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Once mixture is really thick, remove pan from heat. Whisk in butter. Once butter is combined, carefully pour into prepared pie crust.
- Refrigerate Chocolate Silk Pie overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Before serving, top Chocolate Silk Pie with whipped cream. For optional decoration, use a vegetable peeler to make chocolate curls from both of the chocolate bars. Place curls over top of cream on Chocolate Silk Pie. Make as many curls as desired.
More Chocolate Recipes Just for You!