- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line about 12 muffin cups with cupcake papers. In a mixing bowl, combine boiling water, butter, granulated sugar, and cocoa powder. Beat on low speed until smooth and sugar is dissolved.
- In another bowl or on a sheet of wax paper, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to the cocoa mixture alternately with the egg and sour cream mixture. Fill greased and lightly floured cupcake cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely before frosting.
- Frost with your favorite frosting, homemade or purchased. Makes about 10 to 12 cupcakes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|