This delicious chocolate sour cream frosting is made with melted chocolate chips, butter, and sour cream. It's a smooth and creamy frosting with a bit of tang from the sour cream.
Use the frosting to top a cake, cupcakes, or Bundt cake. The tang of the sour cream gives the sweet frosting unique and wonderful flavor.
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semisweet)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 cups sugar (sifted, confectioners')
- In a stainless steel bowl or pan over hot simmering water, melt the chocolate chips with the butter.
- Remove the pan or bowl from the lower pan and stir in sour cream, vanilla, and salt.
- Slowly beat in confectioners' sugar until desired spreading consistency is reached.
- Makes enough chocolate sour cream frosting for about 2 dozen cupcakes or a tube or Bundt cake or 2-layer cake.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||120 g|
|Saturated Fat||71 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||13 g|