|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 65g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 36g|
|Vitamin C 51mg||257%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A unique and fun cocktail, the Christi Extreme mixes a great vodka with lingonberry syrup, grapefruit juice, and ginger beer. This is a fabulous highball drink with an interesting flavor that's perfect for those times when you want a cocktail that's easy but unique.
The recipe comes from Christiania Vodka, a potato vodka produced in Norway. In keeping with those origins, the featured ingredient is lingonberry syrup. Lingonberries are commonly used in Scandinavian countries and are likened to wild American blackberries. The catch is that the berries are very bitter on their own, which is why they're almost always combined with sugar to make jams and syrups.
2 ounces vodka
1 ounce lingonberry syrup
1 ounce grapefruit juice
2 to 3 ounce ginger beer, to taste
Lime wedge, for garnish
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, pour the vodka, lingonberry syrup, and grapefruit juice.
Fill with ice and shake well.
Strain into a collins glass over fresh ice and fill with ginger beer.
Garnish with a lime wedge. Serve and enjoy.
- Lingonberry syrup can be purchased commercially from companies like Darbo.
- You could also use a lingonberry jam if that's the only option. In this instance, double strain the cocktail by using your regular cocktail strainer while pouring it through a fine-mesh strainer to catch any bits of fruit bits from the jam.
- Fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice will produce the best cocktail. Luckily, a single grapefruit can yield up to 6 ounces of juice, so one will be more than enough for a few cocktails.
- Explore your ginger beer options to find which you enjoy best in this cocktail. Some are very spicy while others are sweeter. Thanks to the Moscow mule, the selection available is greater than ever and there's a ginger beer for every taste.
- Pour a flavored vodka if you like. Christiania doesn't offer any, so you will have to choose a different brand. Good options include coconut, pineapple, and vanilla, each of which could put a fun twist on this cocktail.
- Rather than lingonberry syrup, you can use another fruit syrup. Good complementary fruits for the grapefruit include raspberry, strawberry, and pomegranate. The latter makes grenadine an excellent and easy substitute.
- Ginger ale is often a good substitute for ginger beer. It offers a slightly sweeter taste with a more gentle ginger flavor.
How Strong Is a Christi Extreme?