Christine Byrne is a nutrition journalist, recipe developer, former restaurant cook, and soon-to-be registered dietitian. She began her career in food as a line cook, then food editor and writer, and will soon be a Health at Every Size dietitian.
- Christine has been writing for The Spruce Eats since 2021.
- Her work has been published in Glamour, Bon Appetit, Health, and more, and she is a former editor at BuzzFeed Food and Self.
- She received a Bachelor of Arts degree in creative writing from Northwestern University in 2009 and a culinary arts certificate from the French Culinary Institute in 2011.
In addition to studying to be a registered dietitian, Christine has written thousands of articles and hundreds of recipes for over two dozen national media outlets. She writes a bi-weekly nutrition column for Outside and has held staff positions at BuzzFeed and Self. She strives to make wellness accessible and inclusive.
Christine received a Bachelor of Arts degree in creative writing from Northwestern University in 2009 and a culinary arts certificate from the French Culinary Institute in 2011. She is currently pursuing a Master's in Public Health degree in nutrition at The University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, which she will complete in May 2021.
- What is Health at Every Size?, Well+Good
- Viral 'What I Eat In a Day’ Videos Are So Problematic, Health
- Is Clean Eating Good for You? Not Really, Outside
The Spruce Eats Product Review Editorial Guidelines & Mission
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.