|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 26g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||48%|
|Total Carbohydrate 80g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This sweet potato casserole is made with the brown sugar and pecan mixture in the filling and in the topping. It's easy and delicious. Just remember that half of the topping crumbs are mixed into the sweet potato filling before the mixture is poured into the baking dish. Add this delicious sweet potato casserole to your holiday dinner menu.
Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Butter a 2 to 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed sweet potatoes, beaten eggs, granulated sugar, milk, and salt; add half of the softened butter and vanilla. Mix well.
In another bowl combine the brown sugar, flour, nuts, and the remaining butter.
Add half of the pecan mixture to the sweet potato mixture; blend well.
Spoon the potato mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining pecan mixture.
Bake for about 35 to 45 minutes, or until the topping is browned and the filling is set.
Serve and enjoy!
- The recipe scales down easily for 2 to 4 people. If you halve the recipe, one can of sweet potato puree yields about 1 1/2 cups. It's the perfect size to bake in a 1 to 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Add 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon to the brown sugar and pecan topping mixture.
- Reduce the milk to 1/3 cup and add 2 tablespoons of bourbon to the filling mixture.
- Use half-and-half instead of milk in the recipe.
- For a spiced filling and topping, add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger, and about 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg. After adding half of the topping crumbs to the filling, add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the topping crumbs.