- 1 medium purple onion, quartered and cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 4 to 6 chuck blade steaks
- Creole seasoning or other seasoning mix (salt and pepper will do)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet or other gravy browning sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place sliced onions in the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the steaks with seasoning mixture; place in crockpot on the onions.
- Blend flour with cold water; stir with a fork or small whisk until smooth. Add gravy browning sauce; spoon over steak.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||43 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|