This chili is a combination of ground beef and stew beef, giving it fabulous texture and beefy flavor. The recipe calls for tomato soup with the beans and tomatoes but feel free to use a small can of tomato paste and a small can of tomato sauce to replace the condensed soup. See the variations below the recipe for more.
- 1 lb. ground beef browned and drained of fat
- 1 lb. beef stew chunks, cut small (bite-size)
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 large can stewed or cooked tomatoes
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (hot)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker; mix well. Cover and cook chili on low about 8 hours, or until the beef chunks are very tender and fall apart easily. Add more water if you like your chili thinner.
- Serve chili with hot baked cornbread or oyster crackers...delicious!
- Replace the tomato soup and water with an 8-ounce can of tomato sauce and a 6-ounce can of tomato paste.
- Add 1 small can of mild green chile peppers.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin, if desired.
More Chili Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|