|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This chili is a combination of ground beef and stew beef, giving it fabulous texture and beefy flavor. The recipe calls for tomato soup with the beans and tomatoes but feel free to use a small can of tomato paste and a small can of tomato sauce to replace the condensed soup. See the variations below the recipe for more.
- 1 lb. ground beef browned and drained of fat
- 1 lb. beef stew chunks, cut small (bite-size)
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 large can stewed or cooked tomatoes
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (hot)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker; mix well. Cover and cook chili on low about 8 hours, or until the beef chunks are very tender and fall apart easily. Add more water if you like your chili thinner.
Serve chili with hot baked cornbread or oyster crackers...delicious!
Replace the tomato soup and water with an 8-ounce can of tomato sauce and a 6-ounce can of tomato paste.
Add 1 small can of mild green chile peppers.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin, if desired.