It can be tricky at first to rim three separate sections of a glass with three different colors of sugar (available at cake decorating and other specialty food stores) but with a little practice and effort the effect can be spectacular.
An easier option is to purchase margarita glasses with the colors already in the rim.
One last note... I like to use white cranberry juice for this cocktail because it's slightly less sweet than the more popular red cranberry juice.
- Stir the tequila, fruit juices and soda together in a tall (or mixing) glass filled with ice.
- Squeeze in a wedge of fresh lime and stir again.
- Rim a third of a tumbler with lime and dip in green sugar.
- Rim an adjoining third of the glass with lime and dip in white sugar.
- Rim the last third and dip in red sugar.
- Pour the drink into the rimmed glass and serve.
Recipe Courtesy: Tequila Herradura
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|