The taste of tropical fruit comes to life in the refreshing mocktail known as the Cinderella. It has long been a favorite mixed drink that has delighted young and old for years. The Cinderella is fantastic on summer afternoons, can be shared at a picnic or birthday party, and makes a fabulous brunch drink as well.
The Cinderella is an easy mix of three juices, grenadine, and ginger ale. The fruit juices create a tart base that is mellowed by the sweetness of the grenadine and you can adjust it to make it as sweet as you like.
In the end, you will have a tall, refreshing glass of what is essentially a homemade soda and the best part is that it takes just a minute to mix up.
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the juices, grenadine, and bitters into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Strain into a chilled collins glass filled with fresh ice.
Top with ginger ale.
Garnish with the slices of pineapple and/or orange.
Serve and enjoy!
- Bartenders and party hosts may want to consider offering the Cinderella to non-drinking guests and designated drivers. It's far more interesting than a glass of Coke or cup of coffee and the taste is one that almost everyone will enjoy.
The Cinderella is one of the easiest drinks to adapt to any occasion. You may want to serve it 'up' in a cocktail glass for more elegant affairs, transform it into a pitcher drink, or offer it as a party punch to a large crowd.
- When you're adjusting the serving size, simply keep the three juices equal and use twice as much soda as you do one of the juices. You can also sweeten it to taste by adding more or less grenadine.
- If you'd like a more elegant Cinderella, cut all of the juices and ginger ale in half and serve it in a chilled cocktail glass. It is a delightful way to allow your non-drinking guests to feel like they're part of the crowd. Keep in mind that everyone deserves a great drink!
- Alternatively, keep the one- and two-ounce pours and simply divide the shaker into two or more cocktail glasses.
- The Cinderella is a fabulous pitcher drink and you can mix most of it ahead of time. This makes serving it at picnics and brunch just a little easier and you may even want to keep a pitcher in the refrigerator for a quick Cinderella anytime you like. The key to transforming this into a pitcher drink is to add the ginger ale just before serving. To do this, mix the juices, grenadine, and bitters with ice in your serving pitcher, leaving room for the ginger ale and more ice. Stir this mix and store it in the fridge until needed. Before serving, add fresh ice and top the pitcher with ginger ale.
- The Cinderella is a fabulous addition to any party and it's fun for kids and adults alike. To create the punch, simply follow the suggestions for a pitcher and increase the volume to fit the size of your party.
- It's always fun to dress up a punch bowl. The Cinderella is nice with a variety of seasonal fruits floating in the drink and an ice ring adds to the presentation. You might even consider freezing fruit or herbs inside the ice.