Lean and mild pork tenderloin pairs nicely with apples and spices. This dish is a simple seasoned mixture of pork tenderloin roasted with spiced apples and raisins or cranberries.
Serve this pork tenderloin with sweet potatoes or baked potatoes for a delicious everyday meal.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a roasting pan or baking dish with foil.
- Trim any excess fat from the outside of the tenderloin and peel off silver skin. Season the pork tenderloin lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper and place it in the pan.
- Combine the cornstarch, cinnamon, brown sugar, apples, and cranberries or raisins in a bowl and stir to blend thoroughly.
- Spoon the apple mixture around the pork tenderloin. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and spoon the apple mixture over the tenderloin. Return to the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until pork tenderloin is browned and cooked through.
- A food thermometer inserted into the center of the thickest tenderloin should register at least 145 F to 160 F. The minimum safe temperature for pork is 145 F.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|