An incredibly sweet dessert, this delicious cinnamon bread topped with a simple vanilla icing will satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth. This recipe yields one easy to bake yeast loaf.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water (warm)
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- In medium bowl, stir together milk, water, and butter. Add sugar, yeast, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until dissolved. Add raisins, if desired.
- Mix in bread flour, a half cup at a time.
- Turn dough out onto floured board and knead for about 5 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour a tablespoon at a time.
- Grease medium bowl. Put dough in bowl and turn so that the dough is greased on the top. Cover and let rise in warm place for about 45 minutes or until double in size.
- Punch down dough. Turn out onto floured board and knead for about 3 minutes. Shape dough into loaf.
- Grease loaf pan. Put loaf in pan, cover with clean cloth and allow to rise for about 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove loaf from pan and let cool to warm on rack or clean cloth.
Instructions for Icing
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
Blend ingredients together and spread over cooled bread.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|