|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Gluten-free cinnamon-glazed pumpkin cookies are soft, cinnamon-spiced treats. Enjoy this gluten-free cookie with a mid-day cup of tea or pack them in gluten-free lunch bags. Gluten-free cinnamon-glazed pumpkin cookies were adapted from a recipe by Diana Rattray, Southern Food expert.
- 2 cups flour (gluten-free, all-purpose, use your favorite blend)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum (OR xanthan gum, if you are using a mix that contains xanthan or guar gum OMIT adding more gum)
- 1/2 cup butter (unsalted, OR Spectrum All-Vegetable Shortening)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned, don't use pre-sweetened canned pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/3 cup milk (OR your favorite dairy-free milk substitute, I used canned lite coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar (confectioner's)
- 1 tablespoon milk (OR dairy free milk substitute, I used canned lite coconut milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375 F / 190 C.
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, silicone pads or lightly grease.
In a medium mixing bowl combine gluten-free flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and guar OR xanthan gum (if your mix does NOT contain gum.) Whisk until thoroughly combined.
In a separate mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg, pumpkin puree, milk, and vanilla. Beat until blended.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
Drop cookies into generous rounded teaspoons on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes in preheated oven.
While cookies are baking prepare glaze by whisking confectioner's sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl until smooth and glossy.
Cool cookies for 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon or brush glaze on cookies. This makes about 3 dozen cookies.
For larger cookies, drop cookies on a prepared baking sheet by using a rounded tablespoon and bake an addition 2 to 3 minutes or until the cookies are done.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.