I thought these muffins were an excellent way to use fresh nectarines. They would be great with peaches as well!
Cinnamon spices the muffins, optional chopped pecans add extra texture, and the cinnamon-sugar topping is the perfect finishing touch.
- 1 1/2 cups nectarines (or peaches, diced)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (7 ounces)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- Optional: 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 4 teaspoons sugar mixed with 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 400° F (200° C/Gas 6). Grease and flour 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Toss chopped nectarines or peaches with lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Break up any stubborn lumps in brown sugar with a wooden spoon or pastry cutter.
- In another bowl, whisk together butter, milk, and egg. Stir milk mixture into the dry ingredients and blend just until moistened. Fold in the diced fruit along with pecans, if using. Spoon into muffin cups, filling about two-thirds full; sprinkle each muffin with a little sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 400° for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for about 3 minutes in pan then remove to cool completely.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|