Reprinted with permission from Green Tea: 50 Hot Drinks, Cool Quenchers, and Sweet and Savory Treats by Mary Lou Heiss (Harvard Common Press, 2006).
- 2 tablespoons (8 grams) medium-size loose-leaf green tea or 4 green tea bags
- one 5-inch cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 8 whole star anise or 1 1/2 tablespoons broken star anise pieces
- 4 cups boiling water
- Put the tea leaves or tea bags into a pre-warmed teapot and set aside.
- Put the cinnamon stick and star anise into a 4-cup heatproof measuring cup and add the boiling water. Stir to mix, then infuse for 2 minutes.
- Quickly pour the infusion into the teapot, straining carefully to keep the cinnamon and star anise from going into the teapot. Steep the tea in the spice infusion for 2 minutes.
- Strain the brewed tea into teacups and serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)