If you don't drink coffee, please start before attempting this great cinnamon swirl sour cream bundt cake recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 (1 1/2 sticks) cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- For the Swirl:
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- about 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in mixing bowl for 30 seconds; reserve. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly before adding the next. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add the flour mixture, stirring until combined. Stir in walnuts.
Butter a 10-inch bundt pan, and dust with flour. Pour half the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Mix the swirl ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle around the center of the batter, and cover with the rest of the batter.
Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
For the glaze: Add the powdered sugar to a mixing bowl, stir in enough milk to create a thick glaze. Stir in the cinnamon to taste. Drizzle over the top of the cake. Once the icing is set, slice and serve with hot coffee.