|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|Total Sugars 25g|
|Vitamin C 5mg||23%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The citron sipper is a simple and refreshing cocktail that is a perfect summer beverage. It pairs the invigorating taste of citrus vodka with the fresh flavors of cucumber and cilantro. Once you add syrup and soda, you're left with a cool cocktail that definitely has a garden-fresh feel.
The recipe comes from New Amsterdam Spirits and was originally designed to feature their Citron Vodka. That flavor has since been discontinued, though the brand does offer a lemon and an orange vodka, both of which are great tasting and budget-friendly vodkas that would be a delight in this recipe.
Gather the ingredients.
Add the vodka, cilantro, and simple syrup, then fill the shaker with ice.
Top with soda.
Garnish with a cucumber slice and cilantro. Serve and enjoy.
- Any citrus vodka can be used in this cocktail. It's the most popular flavored vodka and the majority of vodka brands produce at least one option.
- Quite often, "citrus" vodka refers to a blend of citrus fruits. You can certainly pour a vodka that features a lone fruit, including grapefruit, lemon, lime, or orange.
- Fresh cilantro is best for cocktails. You can reduce the herb's flavor by tearing the leaves then adding them to the muddle. Remember that it's a very flavorful herb, so don't go overboard!
- This is a perfect recipe to transform into a big-batch cocktail and serve by the pitcher. Make as much as you like, keeping the vodka to soda ratio somewhere around 1:4. For instance, to fill a 60-ounce pitcher filled with ice, begin with 1 cup of vodka and 4 cups of soda, sweetening it with 1/3 cup of syrup. Use a whole sliced cucumber and add a small sprig of cilantro to the muddle. Stir it up and adjust any ingredient as you see fit.
- Good herbs to use as a substitute for cilantro include basil, mint, and sage. Each is mild in comparison to cilantro, so you can get away with a few leaves for a single cocktail and larger sprigs for a punch.
How Strong Is a Citron Sipper?
The standard strength for flavored vodka is 70 proof, though there are some 80-proof bottles out there. Either way, this is going to be a very mild cocktail, weighing in somewhere around 9 percent ABV (18 proof). That's perfectly normal for highball mixed drinks and it's actually lighter than sipping the average wine.