This is a deliciously sweet and citrus-flavored shrimp dish that can be served as either an appetizer or an entree. Enjoy with your favorite grilled vegetables or served over fresh greens and pasta.
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 to 10 wooden kebab skewers (pre-soaked in water)
Gather the ingredients.
Combine lime juice with honey, oil, garlic, white pepper, and salt. Pour half of the mixture into a separate bowl for basting.
Place peeled and deveined shrimp into a resealable plastic bag (use two if necessary). Pour remaining half of citrus-honey mixture into bag. Make sure all of the shrimp is coated. Seal bag and place in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes (no longer than this).
Preheat grill to high heat.
Remove shrimp from refrigerator and thread 3 to 4 shrimp onto each wooden skewers.
Place shrimp on grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Baste top sides with reserved citrus-honey mixture.
Turn shrimp once, grill for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until opaque.
Remove from grill and serve immediately.
- If using wooden skewers, we recommend soaking them for about 30 minutes before grilling. Soaking your skewers can prevent them from catching on fire, which ultimately leads to all your meat and veggies falling to the bottom of the grill.
- For soaking, you can use wine as an alternative to the water, which will give your meat and vegetables another flavor element.
- An alternative to soaking skewers would be to use stainless steel or metal skewers. They do not require any soaking and can be reused.