The recipe for clams casino originated in the early 1900s at the Casino at Narragansett Pier in Rhode Island. Besides clams casino, you might also find recipes for oysters casino with similar ingredients.
Shallots may be used instead of the green onion. Feel free to top each appetizer with some chopped fresh parsley and a few drops of Tabasco sauce.
- 24 small clams in shell
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- Remove clams from shells. Wash shells, then place each clam in the deep half of the shell. Discard remaining clam shell halves.
- Sprinkle clams with a little salt.
- Blend butter, chopped green onion, chopped bell pepper, chopped celery, lemon juice, and crumbled bacon.
- Top each clam with a scant tablespoon of the butter and vegetable mixture.
- Arrange the shells on a bed of rock salt in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 425 F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Garnish the appetizers with fresh chopped parsley and Tabasco sauce.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|