This bread pudding is a simple, classic recipe, very easy to prepare and bake. If you wish, use chopped dates or other dried fruit in this moist, delicious dessert.
- 4 slices lightly buttered bread, cubed
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Place bread cubes in baking dish. In a mixing bowl, beat together milk, eggs, sugar, and salt. Pour mixture over bread cubes; gently stir in raisins and vanilla.
- Place baking dish into a larger pan of hot water and bake for about 40 minutes, or until firm in center.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|