This is an old-fashioned favorite, a cold oven pound cake, and it is really very easy to prepare and bake. Do not preheat the oven for this cake.
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks)
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, 13 1/2 ounces
- 1 cup heavy cream
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add vanilla.
2. Add flour in four parts, alternating with the heavy cream and mixing after each addition.
3. Grease and flour a large tube pan. Spoon in the batter.
4. Place the cake in a cold oven. Turn oven to 325° F and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 25 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean.
5. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then remove to cool completely.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|