|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 37g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 18g||91%|
|Total Carbohydrate 104g||38%|
|Dietary Fiber 22g||78%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This mixture of beef and beans is well-seasoned and makes a great everyday family dinner. With a biscuit topping, it's a complete meal in one dish.
Add coleslaw, green salad, or steamed broccoli for a tasty family dinner any night of the week.
We cook about 1/2 cup of chopped onion with the ground beef and add a little onion powder for extra flavor.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (at least 85% lean)
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup Kraft barbecue sauce or your favorite thick barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits total)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Heat the oven to 375 F.
In a skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown the ground beef; drain well. Stir in pork and beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and minced onion; heat until bubbly.
Pour the beef and bean mixture into a 2- to 2 1/2-quart casserole.
Cut each refrigerated biscuit in half to form 20 half circles. Place the half circles cut side down around edge of casserole and sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Make homemade biscuit dough for the recipe. Cut in standard circles and then cut them in half and proceed with the recipe.
- Replace the shredded cheddar cheese with a Mexican blend, a cheddar jack blend, or pepper jack cheese.