Fresh lemon juice and zest in the filling make this classic chess pie extra special.
Top the pie with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping and a grating of lemon zest.
- 1 9-inch pie shell
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel, plus more for garnish, if desired
- pinch salt
- Beat eggs well; add sugar, butter, and cornmeal, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in lemon juice, grated lemon peel, and salt.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325 F until set and lightly browned, about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|