|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A jar of prepared country gravy dresses up this tasty classic meatloaf, or make your own gravy from scratch or using a dry mix. Serve the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans or your favorite side vegetables. Feel free to use a brown or mushroom gravy instead of the country gravy.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper, red or green
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) country gravy, or about 1 1/2 to 2 cups homemade, for serving
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the beef, pork, onion, bell pepper, garlic, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, milk, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix with hands until ingredients are combined, but don't overmix.
- Gently pack the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until lightly browned.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, while heating or making the gravy.
- Invert the loaf onto a serving plate, slice, and serve with hot country gravy.