|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A jar of prepared country gravy dresses up this tasty classic meatloaf, or make your own gravy from scratch or using a dry mix. Serve the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans or your favorite side vegetables. Feel free to use a brown or mushroom gravy instead of the country gravy.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper, red or green
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) country gravy, or about 1 1/2 to 2 cups homemade, for serving
Heat oven to 350°.
Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Combine the beef, pork, onion, bell pepper, garlic, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, milk, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
Mix with hands until ingredients are combined, but don't overmix.
Gently pack the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for about 1 hour, or until lightly browned.
Let stand for 10 minutes, while heating or making the gravy.
Invert the loaf onto a serving plate, slice, and serve with hot country gravy.